Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Change text in Forgot Password Email

• ontarget
  • ontarget
2 weeks 1 day ago #339019 by ontarget
Change text in Forgot Password Email was created by ontarget
Hi I need to edit the following line in the forgot password email sent out to users.
"If you didn't ask for this, don't worry. You are seeing this message, not them. If this was an error just log in with your new password and then change your password to what you would like it to be"
I searched in the lang plugin override and the joomla lang overrid and in the CB configuration.
Cant find it.
Any pointers please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 1 day ago #339020 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change text in Forgot Password Email
That string doesn't seam to exist in Joomla or CB. Where are you seeing it exactly? Seams like you already overrode a language string. I recommend reviewing your current language overrides.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ontarget
  • ontarget
2 weeks 1 day ago #339021 by ontarget
Replied by ontarget on topic Change text in Forgot Password Email
Hi I definitely don't have it as an override.
Its the email that is sent by default when a user has forgotten their password.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #339022 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change text in Forgot Password Email
The email sent by CB is as follows.

Key: UE_USERNAMEREMINDER_MSG
String:
Code:
Hello,\nA username reminder has been requested for your %s account.\n\nYour username is: %s\n\nTo log in to your account, click on the link below:\n%s\n\nThank you.\n

Key: UE_NEWPASS_MSG
String:
Code:
The user account %s has this email associated with it.\nA web user from %s has just requested that a new password be sent.\n\nYour New Password is: %s\n\nIf you didn\'t ask for this, don\'t worry. You are seeing this message, not them. If this was an error just log in with your new password and then change your password to what you would like it to be.

So yours has already been overridden or maybe translated if this is was originally in a different language. You can use the above language keys to override the forgot login emails though.

You can also completely turn off CBs forgot login process and use Joomla's. In the future CB won't provide forgot login anymore and will exclusively use Joomla's. To do so within CB > Configuration > General set "Forgot Login Method" to "Joomla".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ontarget

Moderators: beatnantkrileon