Skip to Content Skip to Menu

password reset is too easy

3 weeks 5 days ago #338934 by claudia1234
password reset is too easy was created by claudia1234
Hi,

is there a possibility to use the Joomla- Password reset functionality in Community builder?

Because it is very easy to reset the password without any confirmation in Communitybuilder

best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 5 days ago #338937 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic password reset is too easy
Not at the moment, but will review a way to implement that. We intended to get rid of CBs login and password reset handling entirely in CB 3.x, but we might be able to get rid of the password resetting in CB 2.x at least with a feature flag.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9478

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 5 days ago #338943 by krileon
Ok, was able to successfully implement a feature flag to block access to CBs forgot login and instead entirely utilize Joomla's. Feature is pending review and once merged and released you'll be able to change the forgot login method in CB > Configuration > General.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 weeks 5 days ago #338950 by krileon
This is now available in latest CB build release. Within CB > Configuration > General simply set Forgot Login Method to Joomla and it will completely disable CBs forgot login process in favor of Joomla's.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon