Skip to Content Skip to Menu

list : group child and parent

3 months 2 weeks ago #338405 by sergeweb54
list : group child and parent was created by sergeweb54
Hello, I want to display a map of two differents group members, but some memebers are in both groups, so they appears twice in my map ( My map location )
So I decided to create a parent group and assignate both groups as child and make the list display the parent group : but with this configuration CB list does not include child group members.
Is there a way to do that ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 2 weeks ago #338407 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic list : group child and parent
I'm not sure what you mean with group child and parent not showing on lists. Do you mean usergroups? So something like the below?

- Registered
- - Group 1
- - Group 2

That should display fine in userlists. Just be sure you select both group 1 and group 2 in the "Usergroups" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #338408 by sergeweb54
Replied by sergeweb54 on topic list : group child and parent
yes ,
i did like that :
  • parent group
    • child group 1
      • member 1
    • child group 2
      • member 1
      • member 2
I tried to do that because in the map if i have set to both groups, member 1 was displaid twice
But in list view it is ok
if in the list I choose : parent group  : no user in the list view, and in the map view
It seems that there is no heritage

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 2 weeks ago #338409 by krileon
Correct, usergroups selection for userlists is explicit it does not use inheritance. The parameter description tells you this.

Additionally making a usergroup per-user is abuse of the access system in Joomla and isn't designed for that. I recommend rethinking your structure as you'll cause massive performance problems in Joomla by abusing the access system. Usergroups are meant for re-use.

Effectively you're causing a bigger problem trying to workaround a smaller problem in a 3rd party map extension. The solution is to improve the 3rd party map solution so it simply doesn't output duplicates. I recommend contacting the developer of the extension regarding this if you didn't develop it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #338410 by sergeweb54
Replied by sergeweb54 on topic list : group child and parent
i do not create a group per user, this is just an exemple
user 1 and 2 are among a lot of users in groups, and some are in both.
I think it's a shame that when I choose the parent group, we don't consider the people in the children's groups.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 2 weeks ago #338413 by krileon
Then all you should need to do is select those 2 usergroups. We don't use inheritance here because then you couldn't have a userlist that only includes users with a specific parent usergroup. We'll review improving this in a future release with maybe a yes/no toggle to include inherited usergroups.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon