Skip to Content Skip to Menu

FastCGI error afetr installing Community Builder

• fsduarte
  • fsduarte
8 years 6 months ago #279177 by fsduarte
Hello, I have a Joomla based website, hosted in a shared environment that uses Apache server and FastCGI as PHP handler. After I installed Community Builder, I started to get errors when loading pages, both in front end and in back end. The errors are random, i.e., sometimes they happen, but if I just refresh the page they do not happen again.

My hosting service enabled the server error logs and what they sent me are the messages below:
[Sat Feb 27 16:39:52 2016] [error] [client 10.17.60.243] (104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server "/var/run/fastcgi/fabioduarte-fcgi" aborted: read failed, referer: fabioduarte.fot.br/espelhocoa3x/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

[Sat Feb 27 16:39:52 2016] [error] [client 10.17.60.243] Handler for fastcgi-script returned invalid result code 1, referer: fabioduarte.fot.br/espelhocoa3x/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

I went thru all the CB tutorials but nothing changed. I ran the memory test script and it can allocate as much as 99M of memory, although php.ini says the memory is set to 128M. The result of php_info() is in the attached file.

I am using Joomla 3.4.8, but the same situation happened in Joomla 2.5.9 and 2.5.28. After a lot of discussion with my hosting service, they said that in the shared environment that my website is hosted they enable three "PHP-FPM" processes per domain and the problem happens because all processes are busy so I get a timeout after 10sec. I did not buy this, because the problem usually happens at the very moment I access a page (both in frontend and backend). For testing purposes, I moved my website to a hosting service where they use suPHP instead of FastCGI and the problem did not happen.

At the end, my hosting service support guys asked me to contact CB developers to ask for any specific FastCGI configuration that would be required when using Community Builder.

I don't know what else to do, so I would really appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Fabio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon