Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Edit Profile Tabbed Template error

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #278480 by jason.clemens
Edit Profile Tabbed Template error was created by jason.clemens
I wanted to see if you are aware of a CB edit profile template error. I am running CB 2.0.13. I am only running the default, no pad for plugins for CB. I just recently upgrade to the latest version and then discovered I could not edit my profile. The dropdown menu boxes were not appearing. I used the FireBug addon for FireFox to see if there was a CSS issue. It appears a element.style {display: none;} style is being added to the dropdown boxes, not allowing them to display properly.

I thought maybe I had an outdated plugin or maybe it was a conflict with my template. I changed templates - did not correct the problem. I searched through plugins and found nothing out of the ordinary. This led me to look at my CB configuration. I ran the canvas tool based on another forum entry I read - still no fix. I decide to try changing the Edit Profile template from tabbed to flat and it fixed the problem.

[EDIT to this message] I just looked over the flattened edit profile layout and discovered if you want to upload a new profile image you can't When you select the dropdown to say upload image it never shows the browse for file button and text box. It is hidden by the same style.

It appears to be a problem with the Edit Profile Tabbed layout. I really like that layout, so I am looking forward to a fix for that.

I have attached a pdf with images of what I am talking about.

Thank you for a great product. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

Jason
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by jason.clemens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Magnou17
  • Magnou17
8 years 6 months ago #279360 by Magnou17
Replied by Magnou17 on topic Edit Profile Tabbed Template error
I think i get the same problem. When user want to edit profile, i get message "Erreur

Cette fonctionnalité est désactivée pour l'instant."

Rgds
Chris

• nant
  • nant
8 years 6 months ago #279361 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Edit Profile Tabbed Template error

jason.clemens wrote: I wanted to see if you are aware of a CB edit profile template error. I am running CB 2.0.13. I am only running the default, no pad for plugins for CB. I just recently upgrade to the latest version and then discovered I could not edit my profile. The dropdown menu boxes were not appearing. I used the FireBug addon for FireFox to see if there was a CSS issue. It appears a element.style {display: none;} style is being added to the dropdown boxes, not allowing them to display properly.

I thought maybe I had an outdated plugin or maybe it was a conflict with my template. I changed templates - did not correct the problem. I searched through plugins and found nothing out of the ordinary. This led me to look at my CB configuration. I ran the canvas tool based on another forum entry I read - still no fix. I decide to try changing the Edit Profile template from tabbed to flat and it fixed the problem.

[EDIT to this message] I just looked over the flattened edit profile layout and discovered if you want to upload a new profile image you can't When you select the dropdown to say upload image it never shows the browse for file button and text box. It is hidden by the same style.

It appears to be a problem with the Edit Profile Tabbed layout. I really like that layout, so I am looking forward to a fix for that.

I have attached a pdf with images of what I am talking about.

Thank you for a great product. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

Jason

Issue could be related with your template - please test with default Joomla template.

• Magnou17
  • Magnou17
8 years 6 months ago #279363 by Magnou17
Replied by Magnou17 on topic Edit Profile Tabbed Template error
Information more : I thin k i ha'd a problem with Chrome because it work fine with others explorers. I ha'd uninstall Chrome and install again and it work fine now!
Rgds
Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon