Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Kunena signature in Community Builder profile

• katamar
  • katamar
8 years 6 months ago #278208 by katamar
Hello,
I have integrated Kunena forum and community builder. I have enabled the plugins and in CB forums plugin of community builder I selected the version of Kunena, and in the list of fields in the combobox I have associated the signature from kunena with a field in community builder.
The problem is the users already existed in Kunena with a signature, and if I go to the user profile in CB, i see the field "signature", but is empty.
I checked the database and i see that in kunena_users table there is the field "signature" and it's correctly filled. In the comprofiler table, there is the new field I have associated with kunena signature, but this field/column is empty.
I have copied with a query all the values from kunena_users.signature, to the new field in comprofiler table, and now it shows correctly on CB profile. The problem is if i edit the signature on CB profile, this change not appear in the forum view. Kunena take the signature from kunena_users, while the changes from CB profile apply only to comprofiler table.
Is this normal, or there is some problem in my website?
How can i fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 6 months ago #278230 by nant

katamar wrote: Hello,
I have integrated Kunena forum and community builder. I have enabled the plugins and in CB forums plugin of community builder I selected the version of Kunena, and in the list of fields in the combobox I have associated the signature from kunena with a field in community builder.
The problem is the users already existed in Kunena with a signature, and if I go to the user profile in CB, i see the field "signature", but is empty.
I checked the database and i see that in kunena_users table there is the field "signature" and it's correctly filled. In the comprofiler table, there is the new field I have associated with kunena signature, but this field/column is empty.
I have copied with a query all the values from kunena_users.signature, to the new field in comprofiler table, and now it shows correctly on CB profile. The problem is if i edit the signature on CB profile, this change not appear in the forum view. Kunena take the signature from kunena_users, while the changes from CB profile apply only to comprofiler table.
Is this normal, or there is some problem in my website?
How can i fix this?

This issue will be fixed in CB 2.0.14.
Paid members have access to nightly release that includes this fix already.

• katamar
  • katamar
8 years 6 months ago #278261 by katamar
Replied by katamar on topic Kunena signature in Community Builder profile
Ok, thank you! :)

8 years 3 months ago #282130 by Ross Hawkey
Replied by Ross Hawkey on topic Kunena signature in Community Builder profile
I have a similar issue with the signature integration of CB and Kunena.

I have followed CB Tutorial 22, and re-watched it 2 or 3 times (The whole tutorial set was fantastic).

At the moment, the signature seems to try to be showing the Canvas Picture from the CB Profile.

However, on the signature section, rather than displaying the picture, it just gives the name of the image e.g:

canvas_626_57248c17b4b0d.jpg

Having looked around the forums, I've been unable to find a way around this issue. Even removing the facility of signatures would be good, but having a random file-name isn't ideal.

I can't see how to resolve this issue, either by getting the image displayed, or signature facility removed.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 3 months ago #282154 by nant

Ross Hawkey wrote: I have a similar issue with the signature integration of CB and Kunena.

I have followed CB Tutorial 22, and re-watched it 2 or 3 times (The whole tutorial set was fantastic).

At the moment, the signature seems to try to be showing the Canvas Picture from the CB Profile.

However, on the signature section, rather than displaying the picture, it just gives the name of the image e.g:

canvas_626_57248c17b4b0d.jpg

Having looked around the forums, I've been unable to find a way around this issue. Even removing the facility of signatures would be good, but having a random file-name isn't ideal.

I can't see how to resolve this issue, either by getting the image displayed, or signature facility removed.

Glad you like the tutorials - please start new thread with your exact issue and give details, screenshots, etc.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon