Skip to Content Skip to Menu

New users missing from user lists.

12 years 6 months ago #194472 by troykristoffer
New users missing from user lists. was created by troykristoffer
I have created a user list and linked to it from a menu item.
The list is supposed list all users, does not seem to be adding newly registered users. There are now 7 users in the CB User manager in the back end. There are only the original 4 users on the list on the front end.

I also created a NEW list, with settings EXACTLY the same as the old list, and it includes all "Approved". It shows 6 users. (1 of the users is not approved, and I cannot approve them due to another, unrelated problem .)

I suspect, however, that if I were to add an 8th user to the site, that it wouldn't add it to this new list. I cannot test this though, until I fix this other problem , as the new user will be unapproved until I approve it.

DO I misunderstand user lists and they only generate one-time snapshots of the current userbase? I assume new users are supposed to appear on lists that they should be on.

-Troy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bk6366
  • bk6366
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #194475 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: New users missing from user lists.
Hi Troy-
I would think that any support provided would begin with an 'upgrade to current Joomla' statement.

I just upgraded to CB 1.8 to see if it would fix the problem and it did not. I am now using Joomla 1.5.25. I have uninstalled all unnecessary extensions.

Another response might be to check your SEO/SEF settings and/or [strike]disable any 3rd party extensions one-by-one[/strike] to see if that clears things up.

I'm on J1.7/CB1.7 and the userlists work fine (that is after I've cleared my cache and reloaded).

Best-

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bk6366.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon