Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Worst forum support ever.. 5 star

• megab
  • megab
13 years 4 months ago #161680 by megab
Worst forum support ever.. 5 star was created by megab
No doubt, community builder is a great component, But this is too transparent on their part to be not giving replies to any post, Is this the objective to get pro version???
YOU HAVE TO give easy and free explanation to that you give for free.
thumbs down this time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #161685 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Worst forum support ever.. 5 star

megab wrote: No doubt, community builder is a great component, But this is too transparent on their part to be not giving replies to any post, Is this the objective to get pro version???
YOU HAVE TO give easy and free explanation to that you give for free.
thumbs down this time

Replied to both your threads which were not even 3 days old.
For free community support you need to give as much details as possible (as requested in one of my answers) and you need to be patient.

You should also use the information you have already at hand.
Reading the installation document clearly states that a public mandatory menu link to CB is MANDATORY for CB to work. You cannot avoid creating it - you can choose not to show it if you want by placing it in a joomla menu module that is in a template position that does not show up in your website.

The free CB has tons of help items - each and every parameter has an explanation next to it.

I understand that some people need more help than others (it happens with me also) but our resources are limited so we rely on community members helping each other.

You are right - our resources are directed towards our paid members and on a priority basis we answer Professional and Advanced support areas first, then work on coding projects and every 2-3 days we browse through the community forums.

If you can suggest a better method please do so - bashing without improvement proposal is totally unproductive.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by nant.

• megab
  • megab
13 years 4 months ago #161807 by megab
Replied by megab on topic Re: Worst forum support ever.. 5 star
yes sir you are right..paying members should get the first priority. But I see that, the members too are not willing to help each other, its either they don't know because of less support from the developers or I am so dumb :-)..

anyways thanks for the support..

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #161809 by nant

megab wrote: yes sir you are right..paying members should get the first priority. But I see that, the members too are not willing to help each other, its either they don't know because of less support from the developers or I am so dumb :-)..

anyways thanks for the support..

Hope my replies in other threads helped you.

Please note that community members do not have a deadline to respond to other members.
This is why your posts should be clear, detailed and to the point.
If someone needs to ask for more information instead of directly answering, well then you have lost as very few will get into a teeth pulling discussion with you in order to get vital information (which most people feel) that should have been given in initial post.

Also, you should not expect a same day or even next day answer.
You took almost 2 days to respond to this thread!
But you bashed everyone when you didn't get a response within 2 days!

• megab
  • megab
13 years 4 months ago #161811 by megab
Replied by megab on topic Re: Worst forum support ever.. 5 star
you got a point there.. Its not that i wasn't online..i was searching for other alternatives and about the my previous query .. I switched it to kunena.. though CB is great..think i am not ready for it yet... I started joomla a few weeks back only.. anyways once again thanks for the post

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #161821 by nant

megab wrote: you got a point there.. Its not that i wasn't online..i was searching for other alternatives and about the my previous query .. I switched it to kunena.. though CB is great..think i am not ready for it yet... I started joomla a few weeks back only.. anyways once again thanks for the post

So I assume you do not need further help with this post:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/161808-sorting-the-user-list-or-grouping-the-userlist#161808

Since you are no longer using CB...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon