Skip to Content Skip to Menu

'Chosen plans combination is not allowed' error after upgrade to 4.7.1

• webmasterACA
  • webmasterACA
  • Add-ons
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #338589 by webmasterACA
Dear support,

my users get an error message 'Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen).' when clicking on the payment button in a plan.
I don't have this issue in a CB Subs version 4.7.0 copy of the site, I didn't have it in this site before I upgraded from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1 with latest versions of all installed components of CB Subs with the same plan and the same settings.

Settings in the plan tab 'presentation' are still the same: setting parent plan=top, esclusive plan =not exclusive.

After lot of testing, I found that the it doesn't work because I unpublished the active plan (1 year membership) that the users involved have, cause I don't wan't to sell this in the second half of the year. Nothing  else changed for these users, I don't understand why this blocks them of buying an item in our webshop. The conditions set in the tab 'access' are still met: visible for access level=registered and visible for group (and above this group) = the users actual group. 

best regards,
Roland
Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by webmasterACA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 4 weeks ago #338591 by krileon
If that plan still has active users the subscription is still used for upgrade calculations. Turn off renewals (under pricing tab via "Renewable in advance by"), new subscriptions (under workflows tab via "Allow registration"), and upgrades (under workflows tab via "Allow upgrade to this") for it. Once it no longer has any active subscribers unpublish it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• webmasterACA
  • webmasterACA
  • Add-ons
2 months 4 weeks ago #338604 by webmasterACA
Tnx. Tried that with the users' active subscription, but then he gets the same error 'Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen).'again when buying an item in the webshop.
What does work, is changing the users' active description in tab 'Access' , switch parameter 'allow access from site frontend' from 'yes' to 'no'. But that is not really a sustainable solution: it means that during an active plan that is still being sold, none of the users who allready subscribed to it, can buy an item in the webshop.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 4 weeks ago #338611 by krileon
Then you've mixed exclusive and non-exclusive. Exclusive also means mandatory or required. Example as follows.

Plan 1 - Exclusive
Plan 2 - Non-Exclusive

If I try subscribing to Plan 2 without also having Plan 1 selected you'll get a plan combination error. For the above to work you'd need 1 of the following setups.

Plan 1 - Exclusive
Plan 2 - Exclusive

or

Plan 1 - Non-Exclusive
Plan 2 - Non-Exclusive

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon