Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Stumped After Server Migration

• Cybersalt
  • Cybersalt
2 months 2 weeks ago #338380 by Cybersalt
Stumped After Server Migration was created by Cybersalt
I recently had to migrate my old EOL Centos 7 server to a new Centos 8 server, running an almalinux 8 image. After the migration everything is working as before - except for one site

One client's site is using CBsubs with stripe as the payment gateway. Automatic renewals are happening as Cbsubs triggers Stripe to take the renewal payment. However, after payment is complete, the membership is not being renewed for another period.

There are no related errors in the server error logs, no mod_security rules being triggered and the "endpoint url" is showing up in the server access log. Stripe reports that link is returning HTTP status code 200 (OK). and no errors.

This is a Joomla 3 site running the latest of All Community Builder.

I am stumped and out of ideas of where else to look or what to try. Thanks for any help you can give to get this working again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 2 weeks ago #338382 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stumped After Server Migration
Recurring payment are done using webhooks. CBSubs doesn't handle the renewal until the webhook comes in to notify it of successful payment. Within Stripe's dashboard under Developers > Webhooks you should find the webhook for that site. Click it and you should see the webhook history to see if any webhooks are failing. CBSubs responds with status messages so the response body for the webhook log should show if it was skipped, errors, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Cybersalt
  • Cybersalt
2 months 3 days ago #338443 by Cybersalt
Replied by Cybersalt on topic Stumped After Server Migration
Sorry for the delayed reply.

The response in Stripe is 'HTTP status code 200 (OK). webhook skipped: nothing to do'. 

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 2 days ago #338456 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stumped After Server Migration
That response is output if the subscription state wasn't able to change. There's likely multiple webhooks for the payment. The ones most important are the invoice and charge related webhooks. Note be sure you've configured your webhook to not send every single webhook as many aren't needed; see CBSubs Stripe gateway configuration for a list of webhooks we listen for.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon