Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Edit profile - Save problem

• ricco1
  • ricco1
8 years 1 week ago #284634 by ricco1
Edit profile - Save problem was created by ricco1
Hi guys,

I found a problem for you to investigate:

When an unallowed value is entered and the Save button is clicked(with an validation error) on profile edit all tabs get shown, even the ones which are supposed to be shown only on the My profile page.

Best regards,
ricco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 week ago #284673 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Edit profile - Save problem
Tabs set to not display on profile edit suddenly display on profile edit? or are you talking about tabs conditioned by CB Conditional? If CB Conditional then ensure both CB and CB Conditional are up to date (just install latest to be sure).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ricco1
  • ricco1
8 years 1 week ago #284700 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Edit profile - Save problem
Tabs set to not display on profile edit suddenly display on profile edit.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 week ago #284715 by krileon
Tabs can't be set to hide on profile edit with core CB. Fields can be. So you've fields on a tab set to not display on profile edit, but on validation error they now display? or are you using something like CB Privacy or CB Conditional to hide an entire tab from profile edit? Please, I need details; you're being too vague for me to debug this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ricco1
  • ricco1
8 years 1 week ago #284724 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Edit profile - Save problem
We are using CB Privacy to hide a few tabs from profile edit.

We have fields on another tabs which are set to display on profile edit.

On validation error the tabs which are supposed to be hidden on profile edit are displayed, but only the tabs without any fields in them, just the names of the tabs.

Please let me know if you still need information.

Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 week ago #284727 by krileon
Ok, so you've "Edit Display" set to "No edit display at all" using CB Privacy? Ok, was able to confirm your issue and have added a CB Privacy bug ticket for further investigation. Looks like it's due to missing edit display removal for editsave $reason. Below should quickfix it.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprivacy/cbprivacy.php
ON: Line 1237
Code:
if ( $tabs ) foreach ( $tabs as $tab ) {
TO:
Code:
if ( $tabs ) foreach ( $tabs as $tabId => $tab ) { if ( isset( $tabs[$tabId] ) && ( ! Application::Cms()->getClientId() ) && ( ! cbprivacyClass::checkUserModerator() ) && ( ! cbprivacyClass::checkTabEditAccess( $tab ) ) ) { unset( $tabs[$tabId] ); continue; }

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6141

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon