Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Autowelcome no longer compatible with uddeIM

• declee
  • declee
16 years 3 months ago #64728 by declee
I see long threads about problems with the autowelcome plugin, and I see posts about problems involving OLD versions of the uddeIM plugin.

I have read all the messages. I have tried all the changes.

It is my experience that the CB autowelcome plugin does NOT support uddeIM 1.1. In fact, the CB configuration only assumes either 0.4 and 0.5, owing to independent code updates.

My uddeIM 1.1 PMS system works--by itself. Within CB, the standard registration and email notifications are working--by themselves.

When using uddeIM 1.1, there is no autowelcome. Newly registered users receive NO popup notifications when they login, and their PM inbox is empty.

I am not requesting any more tips, advice or suggestions to solve the lack of operation. I only want to ask whether ANY user or developer can confirm--by direct observation--that autowelcome works through the uddeIM 1.1 system.

Thanks in advance for saving me a bit of time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
16 years 3 months ago #64731 by nant
declee wrote:

I see long threads about problems with the autowelcome plugin, and I see posts about problems involving OLD versions of the uddeIM plugin.

Must have missed these long threads :(
Can you point one out to me please, and I will check.

It is my experience that the CB autowelcome plugin does NOT support uddeIM 1.1. In fact, the CB configuration only assumes either 0.4 and 0.5, owing to independent code updates.

The core CB PMS plugin is part of CB 1.1 and at the time uddeIM did not have newer versions.

CB 1.2 RC has new settings for uddeIM (worked with slabbi on this). Also slabbi has been very good at providing new dedicated plugins with each of his release. Did you miss this?

My uddeIM 1.1 PMS system works--by itself. Within CB, the standard registration and email notifications are working--by themselves.

When using uddeIM 1.1, there is no autowelcome. Newly registered users receive NO popup notifications when they login, and their PM inbox is empty.

I am not requesting any more tips, advice or suggestions to solve the lack of operation. I only want to ask whether ANY user or developer can confirm--by direct observation--that autowelcome works through the uddeIM 1.1 system.

Thanks in advance for saving me a bit of time.

Autowelcome works with any PMS system that provides a PMS CB plugin.

• declee
  • declee
16 years 3 months ago #64735 by declee

Must have missed these long threads :(
Can you point one out to me please, and I will check.

Type 'autowelcome' in your search box. You can then focus on the threads that are specific to the uddeIM system, or the more general "don't work" topics. As I recall, most of these will appear on the first results page, but page 2 results should not be ignored, either.

I have already read them and am aware of each and every suggestion and direction. The information should not be new to you, as there is evidence of your participation with those topics.

The core CB PMS plugin is part of CB 1.1 and at the time uddeIM did not have newer versions.

Yep. See my bit about independent code updates.

CB 1.2 RC has new settings for uddeIM (worked with slabbi on this). Also slabbi has been very good at providing new dedicated plugins with each of his release. Did you miss this?

uddeIM is at version 1.1; CB is available to me as version 1.1; autowelcome is available to me as version 1.0.1. What is there for me to miss? Are my versions to blame?

Autowelcome works with any PMS system that provides a PMS CB plugin.

This sounds like an assumption, not a confirmation. You use CB 1.1 + autowelcome 1.0.1 + uddeIM 1.1 and new members get a popup?

Thanks for further clarification :)

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 3 months ago #64737 by slabbi
Well, used the search and found only threads that are either solved (because of a layer-8 bug) or are not releated to your problem (e.g. using of BB codes in autowelcome).

When you check the uddeIM 1.1 release file you will find a special plugin for CB 1.1 (in uddeIM 1.0 I delivered also a patched version of the original cb 1.1 plugin but I dropped this in uddeIM 1.1).

When you have read so much, you haved missed the essential file "README packages.txt" which states:

plug_pms_uddeim
A plugin for the Community Builder that allows to send
a "Quick message" from a user's profile. Install this
with the plugin installer in CB. You have also to publish
and configure a tab in CB.
You can also use plug_pms_mypmspro instead. plug_pms_uddeim
is the uddeIM-only version of plug_pms_mypmspro.

and

plug_pms_mypmspro (patched module)
************ This module is not longer supported. *************
The CB PMS plugin patched for use with uddeIM. This
patch enabled quick messages from a user's profile with
uddeIM. You can use plug_pms_uddeim instead.
************ This module is not longer supported. *************

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• declee
  • declee
16 years 3 months ago #64854 by declee
I certainly DID read the readme file--even before I began the installation. The zip I downloaded contained multiple files, so my first order of business was to figure out the purpose of each file to determine which one(s) to install.

Your readme document explains the various modules and CB plugins. My information agrees with yours.

This is now a moot problem (for me, at least), because I have given up with CB. And something interesting happened AFTER I removed CB:

The missing "Welcome" message popped up when I logged in to my test account. This is only AFTER I completely removed CB !!!

I'm still using your uddeIM system (it works fine) in combination with Fireboard. It turns out that removing CB was the best thing I've done in the past 24 hours.

Thanks anyway :lol:

• sunnyjey
  • sunnyjey
15 years 11 months ago #75779 by sunnyjey

I only want to ask whether ANY user or developer can confirm--by direct observation--that autowelcome works through the uddeIM 1.1 system.

I have been using Uddeim + Autowelcome + CB 1.1(now 1.2) without any errors since last 10 months on our Medical website with more than 2100 Members .

This is wonderful addin for CB making life more simpler and easier.

Here I wish to confirm the above quoted statement and like to thank slabbi for this wonderful component.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon