Skip to Content Skip to Menu

"You are not allowed sending to this group."

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 4 months ago #164692 by drdehart
Can you tell me the conditions under which we should get this error message. We block registered users from sending to SuperAdmins in the Blocking Tab, but have a registered user that is getting this message when sending to another registered user.

uddeim 2.3 / CB 1.4 / CBSubs 1.1.2 / GJ 2.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 4 months ago #164709 by slabbi
Strange, does the other user have the same name as a superadmin, so uddeIM identifies the wrong user?

There is only one line in the code that checks this
uddeim.php line 793:
Code:
if (uddeIMisReggedOnly($my_gid)) { // I am a registered user, so check if I am allowed to send to this group $is_group_blocked = uddeIMisRecipientBlockedReg($myself, $to_id, $config); if ($is_group_blocked) { if (substr($to_name,0,1)!="(") { $to_name = str_replace($to_name, "(".$to_name.")", $to_name_bak); } uddeIMmenuWriteform($myself, $my_gid, $item_id, $to_name, $pmessage, 10, $config); return; } } }

uddeIMisRecipientBlockedReg($myself, $to_id, $config); can be found in includes.php line 185:
Code:
function uddeIMisRecipientBlockedReg($myself, $toid, $config) { $database = uddeIMgetDatabase(); $togid = Array(-1); // default group (uddeim intern) for public users if ($toid) // we have an id, so get group for this user $togid = uddeIMgetGID($toid); $acl = explode(",",$config->blockgroups); if (!is_array($acl)) $acl = array(); $blocked = 0; $new = array_intersect($togid, $acl); // either we have a recipient GID or recipient is a Public user (GID=-1), so we check if this user is blocked if (!empty($new)) $blocked = 1; // yes, it is

It would be interesting to know what values are in $acl and $togid. As you can see $blocked=1 is only returned when the group id of the recipient is in the blocked group list.

Is GJ2.2 based on Joomla 1.6? If so this function is broken in uddeIM 2.3 and should not block at all otherwise it should be fine. Aboves code is taken from the upcoming uddeIM 2.4 from the SVN. Maybe you can try this if it fixes your problem.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #164806 by drdehart
OK - this is weird. I figured out why the user (Say User A) was getting that message. We unblocked the SuperAdministrator group and now User A can send to User B, but the instant message goes to the site SuperAdministrator's inbox, not User B's inbox. User A is having this same issue with 2 users on the site.

Also, other users can send to User B without a problem, just User A's messages get re-directed to the SuperAdmin inbox.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by drdehart.

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 4 months ago #164809 by drdehart
oh-oh this looks like an epidemic all of a sudden - we now have (at least) 3 users whose messages are coming to the SuperAdmin account. Yikes!

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 4 months ago #164831 by slabbi
It would be interesting to know the realname and username of the recipient and the realnames and usernames of the sadmins. Are there any similarities? uddeIM uses the realname/username to find the recipient's id.

Can you add following in includes.php line 200 (below $blocked=1;):
var_dump($acl);
var_dump($togid);
var_dump($new);
var_dump($blocked);
exit;

It will exit the script and you will see some values on the screen. The first array shows your blocked groups, the second array should contain the groups the recipient is in, the third the intersection of both arrays.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 4 months ago #164935 by drdehart
Slabbi - I have to apologize - we had a web meeting with our members that were having the problem and it turns out that tey were not replying to the right user :blush: .

Sorry to have bothered you with this!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon