Skip to Content Skip to Menu

datum Suddenly Wrong, Messages No Longer Encrypted

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
13 years 7 months ago #155354 by GoremanX
As of this morning, the date information for new messages is suddenly wrong. I've made no changes either in the backend or on the server. I've confirmed that all time zones are set accurately. Everything was running fine for a year, and now all of a sudden it's not. The date appears to be off by about -10 hours.

Also, the last few messages sent by users are no longer encrypted in the database. This issue started up at the same time as the incorrect date. I never changed the key in the backend. This feature has also been working fine for a year, and only just stopped working this morning.

I'm running uddeIM 2.3rc on Joomla 1.5.22.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #155356 by GoremanX
Got some new information:

I recently implemented a quick-message box in members' CB profiles. It used to be a link that brought users to the PM component, but now it's an edit box with a send button so members can send messages straight from the profile. Messages sent from this quick message box are dated wrong (by about 10 hours), and are never encrypted. I'm pretty sure this quick message box is a default CB feature (pms.mypmspro plugin), it's not part of the uddeIM package. I'm not sure who maintains it.

I've switched to the uddeIM plugin that provides this same feature, and now all seems well
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by GoremanX.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 7 months ago #155358 by slabbi
Regarding the time it might be that the server time is wrong (maybe a failed NTP sync).

In uddeIM 2.2 there was a change regarding the time zone, so uddeIM recognizes the time zone a user has configured in Joomla profile settings. So there are several variables which have to be correct:
- the server's time zone
- the Joomla time zone
- uddeIM time zone correction (usually "0" but can be used to adjust the time zone settings if you are on a shared server which is configured for a different time zone)
- the users' time zone in Joomla settings
But this change was in uddeIM 2.2 and is still the same in 2.3rc.

Encryption does not stop working without changing anything. Check the uddeIM settings if it is still enabled. There was no change in 2.3rc or 2.2.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoremanX

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
13 years 7 months ago #155360 by GoremanX
oops, no, I'm wrong. It still screws up the time and doesn't encrypt the messages. That quick message box is quite a pain!

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
13 years 7 months ago #155361 by GoremanX
I've found the "obfuscate" option in the tab preferences for the uddeIM Quick Message plugin (duh on me), but it still dates messages wrong. Sending messages from the uddeIM component doesn't have this issue. It's only sending messages from the Quick Message box on the profile that gives incorrect dates.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 7 months ago #155376 by slabbi
Will check this, maybe I forgot to change the plugin code.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoremanX

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon