Skip to Content Skip to Menu

"message cannot be displayed" when opening a messa

14 years 9 months ago #121033 by carsten888
A user complained that she can not read a message which has been in her inbox for days. I logged in as her to check. All messages she can open but one. When clicked this message appears:

This message cannot be displayed.
Possible reasons:
You have no rights to read this message.
The message has been deleted.

I checked in the database and the message is still there. So I guess the only thing left would be that she has no right to view her message? I checked in the database and that message is to her, why would she not have any right to view her own message?

Uddeim version 1.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 9 months ago #121037 by slabbi
Well, this error appears when the message has been tagged as deleted (e.g. when the user has deleted the message before and tries to access it now). Usually this should never happen, since the inbox etc. does not display these messages.

I need more information about your problem:
1. Where does the problem occur? In the inbox, archive, outbox?
2. Which operation do you perform? Open the message, forward a message, archive a message etc.
3. How does the link looks like used to perform the operation?
4. The database entry addressed by the link.

Have you updated from an older version of uddeIM? Maybe you missed to update one or more database fields?

Usually I need access to the backend (with extplorer installed) and access to phpMyAdmin to track these kind of bugs. I am pretty sure that it is not an uddeIM bug but maybe something went wrong in your database.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

14 years 9 months ago #121039 by carsten888
1. inbox
2. when opening a message
3. with acesef uddeim/3002 without sef index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=show&Itemid=100150&messageid=3002

id 3002
replyid 2999
fromid 138
toid 159
message hello.....bye
datum 1262723506
toread 1
totrash 0
totrashdate
totrashoutbox 0
totrashdateoutbox
expires
disablereply 0
systemmessage
archived 0
cryptmode 0
flagged 0
crypthash
publicname
publicemail

Have you updated from an older version of uddeIM? Maybe you missed to update one or more database fields?

I have updated months ago. This is recent message. Above are all the fields I got for this table, is that complete? This is the first time this goes wrong. User can access other messages from her inbox. So I doubt it could be the update.

thanks for looking into this.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 9 months ago #121040 by slabbi
It seems to be a problem with your SEF component. Don't know why but it seems that uddeim/3002 is translated into something different.

Following code generates the message (removed unnecessary lines):
[code:1] $displaymessages = uddeIMselectInboxMessage($myself, $messageid, $config, 0);

if (count($displaymessages)<1) {
echo _UDDEIM_MESSAGENOACCESS;
return;
}[/code:1]
and

[code:1]function uddeIMselectInboxMessage($myself, $messageid, $config, $trashed=-1) {
// $trashed is zero in your case, so it evaluates to
$sql = "SELECT a.*, b.name AS fromname FROM #__uddeim AS a LEFT JOIN #__users AS b ON a.fromid=b.id WHERE a.toid=".(int)$myself." AND a.id=".(int)$messageid." AND a.totrash=0";
$database->setQuery($sql);
$value = $database->loadObjectList();
if (!$value)
$value = Array();
return $value;
}[/code:1]

"$messageid" is fine and selects the correct message (3002). The function return the message if toid is 159 (this should be your user) and totrash is 0 (it definitely is). So the only possibility to create this error is to pass an invalid "$messageid" to this function in the URL.

Please turn 3rd party SEF off completly (when your SEF component allows to switch SEF off for a certain component you can try this), clear the Joomla cache and try again (it works fine with Joomla SEF).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

14 years 9 months ago #121041 by carsten888
yeah. I just came to the same conclusion. The acesef-uddeim extension messed it up.

sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

engelweb.nl/images_online/acesef_uddeim.gif

Post edited by: carsten888, at: 2010/01/07 12:00
Attachments:

14 years 9 months ago #121042 by carsten888
In the acesef config, I set acesef to use the basic sef-rewrite and purged all uddeim sefs. All working again.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon