Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Floating Box issue

• tamerax
  • tamerax
15 years 2 months ago #106788 by tamerax
Floating Box issue was created by tamerax
Hi!

Using the latest version of Uddeim with joomla 1.5.14 and CB 1.2.1 and for the most part, everything is running great. The problem I'm having is that some of my users are stuck using IE6 at work and the express message floating box doesn't work with it. It just doesn't show up. Whats more, it creates a big space in the mod_uddeim space. I have included a screenshot to explain. The other issue is that I have gotten a couple of reports from people using Firefox and having the same problem

I spent some time poking around trying to find an answer but I didn't find anything that at least I understood.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks!

Post edited by: tamerax, at: 2009/08/03 06:31
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 2 months ago #106793 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Floating Box issue
The code (except the version number) has not been changed from mod_uddeim 1.7 -> 1.8.

The only change from mod_uddeim 1.6 -> 1.7 was that the javascript popup has been removed.

So when it has worked in 1.6 or 1.7 is should also work in 1.8 except you have changed something else.

Does Firefox show any CSS or Javascript errors? Some site templates use a very high z-order value, so the express message box is shown behind the main layout (can be fixed changing the module.css file).

It is also a good idea to check your site with an XHTML and CSS validator ( www.org ). Maybe some other component forgot to close a tag and this might habe side effects.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2009/08/03 08:28

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• tamerax
  • tamerax
15 years 2 months ago #106796 by tamerax
Replied by tamerax on topic Re:Floating Box issue
it was doing this with version 1.6 of the module file. I just upgraded after posting that message to check to see if that was an issue but it didn't fix it. Basicly, the issue was always there, i just never saw it because I didn't test with IE6.

Its only really an issue in IE6. When a message arrives, that big sqaure of white space that shows up in the screen shot of the IE6 page turns a different color and then disapears. Its basicly as if the floating box was appearing in that space rather than floating in at the top like it does with basically every other browser.

Post edited by: tamerax, at: 2009/08/03 08:54

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 2 months ago #106797 by slabbi
IE6 is crap.

Add following code to your site, so people are announced to upgrade IE6:

[code:1]
<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<style type="text/css">
#ie6msg{border:3px solid #090; margin:8px 0; background:#cfc; color:#000;}
#ie6msg h4{margin:8px; padding:0;}
#ie6msg p{margin:8px; padding:0;}
#ie6msg p a.getie7{font-weight:bold; color:#006;}
#ie6msg p a.ie6expl{font-weight:normal; color:#006;}
</style>
<div id="ie6msg">
<h4>TIP: You are using a very old version of Microsoft Internet Explorer.</h4>
<p>
Because of known security issues in that browser and several other problems displaying new web sites you should upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer or even better to the alternative browser Mozilla Firefox!<br />
The current version of Microsoft Internet Explorer can be downloaded <a class="getie7" href=" www.microsoft.com/germany/windows/internet-explorer/download-ie.aspx " target="_blank">here and the alternative web browser Mozilla Firefox
<a class="getie7" href=" www.mozilla.com/ " target="_blank">here.
</p>
</div>
<![endif]-->
[/code:1]

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 2 months ago #106798 by slabbi
Add the code at top of the content area, so it appears above the main content.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• tamerax
  • tamerax
15 years 2 months ago #106799 by tamerax
Replied by tamerax on topic Re:Floating Box issue
yeah i know its crap but as i said in my original post "The problem I'm having is that some of my users are stuck using IE6 at work" where they have no control over what browser they can use and aren't allowed to install new applications. Government jobs here are like that so just telling them to upgrade won't fix the error. They will just stop using my site instead.

Post edited by: tamerax, at: 2009/08/03 09:15

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon