Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Copy Paste with basic formatting - Activity

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
1 month 4 weeks ago #338488 by AlanJones
I'm pretty sure my users were able to copy / paste with basic formatting when creating new Activity.
Now it just pastes as raw text. Am I missing a setting?

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 4 weeks ago #338491 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Copy Paste with basic formatting - Activity
CB Activity posts don't allow formatting. What type of formatting are you trying to copy and paste? You can copy and paste a URL, a mention, or a hashtag though and those will initialize their behaviors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
1 month 4 weeks ago #338493 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Copy Paste with basic formatting - Activity
I'm wanting to use paragraphs and bullet points.
It's weird because it used to keep the formatting. paragraphs and bullets.
I've trained users to type long posts in a separate doc and then copy paste, in case they lost connection with the server.

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 4 weeks ago #338495 by krileon
HTML is not allowed in activity posts except for posts from the system, which can only be made by moderators.

The only way to have formatting like that is to enable BBCode for posts then you can use all/most standardized BBCode in posts (an editor toolbar will be provided to make this easier in a future release). You can enabled BBCode in the streams parameters under the Features tab of the stream.

As for losing posts due to connection issues will look into some client side caching as that would be a pretty good idea to include in CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
1 month 4 weeks ago #338496 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Copy Paste with basic formatting - Activity
Caching would be an amazing addition!
I'm not seeing a Featured tab in the streams parametres. 
I'm looking under CB Plugins > CB Activity > Activity Streams.
I do see BB Code under the Display tab, but nowhere else, and the one under the Display tab doesn't solve the issue.

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #338505 by krileon
Sorry, yes it's under the Display tab. It'll only solve your issue if they're providing BBCode. It won't convert HTML to BBCode at this time, but that's something I'd like for it to support during copy-paste in a future release in addition to editor buttons for inserting BBCode easily.

Are you needing for them to be able to insert and copy-paste HTML itself? I can review adding support for that but allowing HTML could cause all kinds of design issues if they insert malformed HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon