Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6807] CB Antispam 3.0.1 Not Blocking Email Domains

• mickelb
  • mickelb
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #297680 by mickelb
I have added email domains to be blocked but this hasn't stopped spam user registrations using these domains.

Joomla 3.8.0 in use.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#6807] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #297686 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Antispam 3.0.1 Not Blocking Email Domains
Update to CB AntiSpam 3.1.0 then ensure your block is properly configured for domain blocking. Example as follows.

Type: Domain
Value: EMAIL_DOMAIN_HERE (e.g. gmail.com)

Do not include the @ part of a domain name. If users are still registering with the domain ensure they're not doing so with variations of the domain (e.g. changing an i to a 1 or an L). You can use wildcards in 3.1.0 blocks by supplying a % at the beginning or end of the Value. Example as follows.

Value: %gmail.com

That would block any domain ending in gmail.com for example.

Value: gmail%

That would block any domain beginning with gmail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mickelb
  • mickelb
6 years 11 months ago #297690 by mickelb
Replied by mickelb on topic CB Antispam 3.0.1 Not Blocking Email Domains
I have just installed CB AntiSpam 3.1.0, which only shows up in Joomla Extensions> Plugins , not CB Plugin Management. I have enable it, but can only set a Mode setting.

In CB Plugin Management CB Antispam 3.0.1 Block I had only set the domain I want to block, no @ prefix.

If you are saying that the new CB Antispam in Joomla plugins will now make the block work I will wait and see if any new registrations come in for the blocked email domains. Additional registrations that have beaten the block have not changed the domain used.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #297692 by krileon

I have just installed CB AntiSpam 3.1.0, which only shows up in Joomla Extensions> Plugins , not CB Plugin Management. I have enable it, but can only set a Mode setting.

You installed its Joomla plugin. You need to install its CB plugin or use the preset to install both. Easiest to just use "Install from Web" within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin.

In CB Plugin Management CB Antispam 3.0.1 Block I had only set the domain I want to block, no @ prefix.

Within CB AntiSpam > Blocks ensure there's a green checkmark under the Blocked column. Ensure blocks are even enabled within CB AntiSpam > Parameters > General by setting "Block" to "Enable" as blocking can be globally disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mickelb
  • mickelb
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #297697 by mickelb
Replied by mickelb on topic CB Antispam 3.0.1 Not Blocking Email Domains
I must be missing something.

If I got to "Install from Web" within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin. it just says CB AntiSpam and Buy. I login to CB but there is no "preset" option I can see nor a Joomla and CB plugin option??

Sorry - I see Presets now - but it still only shows CB Antispam Buy even though I am logged in.

OK, scrolled way down the Plugin list in CB and downloaded the 3.1.0 version and installed it as a package. I'll see if that corrects the block issue.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by mickelb.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #297700 by krileon

If I got to "Install from Web" within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin. it just says CB AntiSpam and Buy. I login to CB but there is no "preset" option I can see nor a Joomla and CB plugin option??

Login to Joomlapolis and in the same browser visit "Install from Web". Click Refresh in bottom right to refresh the cache if still not displaying properly. If still not working then your browsers is probably breaking the jsonp request and it won't recognize you're logged in.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon