Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

cbFieldHandler.php Incompatible with DPCalendar

• virusys
  • virusys
1 month 2 weeks ago #338587 by virusys
CB 2.9.2 latest

Deprecated: preg_match(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($subject) of type string is deprecated in /home/mdmen/carroll.mdmen.org/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbFieldHandler.php on line 718

See  carroll.mdmen.org/index.php/calendar/28th-annual-carroll-mens-prayer-breakfast-2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338592 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then provide the full callstack for the error. Looks like you might be substituting in the CSV value of a field that has no value (e.g. [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" output="csv" /]).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• virusys
  • virusys
1 month 2 weeks ago #338603 by virusys
Thanks kryleon

See  carroll.mdmen.org/index.php/calendar/breakfast-planning-meeting and Joomla icon bottom left corner - I don't see how to provide it as a report or a file.

Scott

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338610 by krileon
Both debug mode and maximum error reporting need to be enabled in Joomla global configuration. The error on the page then should provide more details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• virusys
  • virusys
1 month 2 weeks ago #338645 by virusys
Thanks. Both debug mode and maximum error reporting have already been enabled in Joomla global configuration.

Please see the bottom left corner of  carroll.mdmen.org/index.php/calendar/28th-annual-carroll-mens-prayer-breakfast-2 for all of that information.

I have already contacted DPCalendar about this - their reply is below:A new comment was published on the case  Error with Community Builder - Passing null to parameter #2 ($subject) of type string is deprecated  by the user Allon Moritz:This is only a deprecation warning and should be fixed on the side of Community builder. Can you ask the developer for a fix?
 For your convenience we list the case details:Open Date:Friday, 19 July 2024 16:55Modified Date:Monday, 22 July 2024 06:25Opened By:ScottResponsible:Allon MoritzStatus:AssignedCategory:Questions [DPCalendar]Case Text:Deprecated: preg_match(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($subject) of type string is deprecated in /home/mdmen/carroll.mdmen.org/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbFieldHandler.php on line 718Error occurs on...Kind regards
Digital Peak

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #338657 by krileon
I'm not sure why you needed to contact DPCalendar unless they're integrating with CB to get CB fields in which case they're doing so incorrectly. Regardless will add workarounds in CB to avoid incorrect API use from causing issues.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9467

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon