Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Action No Longer Works

• bascherz
  • bascherz
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #339288 by bascherz
Auto Action No Longer Works was created by bascherz
I could be dealing with an evolved incompatibility between the installed CB version (2.9.2) and an older Auto Actions plugin version (9.1.0+build.2022.10.14.14.57.50.7b1989310), but I figured it doesn't hurt to inquire.
I have had the following Query action defined for years (since Joomla! 3) on the affected site. It worked on J!4, but no longer appears to work on the site, which is at J!5.1.4.
Code:
INSERT INTO #__user_profiles (user_id,profile_key,profile_value) VALUES ([user_id],'profile.aboutme','[cb_campaign]') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE profile_value='[cb_campaign]';

The action is simply to copy whatever is entered into the "cb_campaign" (text) field into the Joomla "aboutme" profile field. This is necessary because an extension I am using does not have CB integration and can only access Joomla profile fields.
Thanks in advance for any insight into resolving this matter.

Bruce S - Vienna, VA
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by bascherz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
2 weeks 2 days ago #339289 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Auto Action No Longer Works
I noted that there is a Joomla field type, but this type is not mentioned in the CB documentation. For the CB version I am using, it only allows the field to be associated with a Joomla CUSTOM field, not any of the built-in PROFILE fields. Having it able to support both would likely resolve this issue. Just sayin'. 

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 1 day ago #339302 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action No Longer Works
Did you test your query to make sure it still works on Joomla 5 in something like phpmyadmin? I can't see any reason why a simple query action would just stop working unless there's a problem with whatever trigger you're using, but you're reaching the point of being an entire year out of date and that's not good for maintaining the stability of a site as we release bug fix builds frequently.

Unfortunately there's nothing more I can say to help you as we do not provide support for paid products without an active subscription. It's possible it's completely unrelated to CB Auto Actions, but again we don't provide free product support.

I noted that there is a Joomla field type, but this type is not mentioned in the CB documentation. For the CB version I am using, it only allows the field to be associated with a Joomla CUSTOM field, not any of the built-in PROFILE fields. Having it able to support both would likely resolve this issue. Just sayin'.

There are no plans to do this as we've a huge change coming to CB 3.x profile handling that would completely negate the need to. In short CB and Joomla will become one. We'll have more details on this when we're ready to disclose the design and implementation details in a blog post.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
2 weeks 1 day ago #339303 by bascherz
I don't think Auto Actions is working at all. The same site has roughly 8 different actions, all of which used to work but no longer do.

I wrote my own CB plug-in using the same triggers and the same DB queries and it works as expected. Since all those AAs use the same triggers, I may just lump all that logic into this new custom plug-in and uninstall Auto Actions.

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 1 day ago #339304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action No Longer Works
Probably a PHP version related bug that has already been fixed then. Custom plugin does mean having to maintain the trigger logic yourself indefinitely, but that's entirely up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #339313 by bascherz
I think I surmised that the onAfterUserUpdate and onAfterUpdateUser triggers no longer work. The "Before" ones do, and those provide the same capabilities, more or less. Does this sound right?
P.S. UNRELATED... I cannot find where to change my forum signature.

Bruce S - Vienna, VA
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by bascherz.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon