Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Load a tab as popup

6 years 5 months ago #304101 by giorgionasis
Load a tab as popup was created by giorgionasis
Hallo,

I am trying to load the connections tab as a popup window.

To be more specific i want to display the show all connections as a popup.

I found in cb.connections.php that this is the element that handles it:
Code:
'<a href="' . $this->_getAbsURLwithParam( array( 'showall' => 1 ) ) . '">';

I can hanlde to open it as a popup but it is opening the entire page of the profile. However, i want in the popup only the users to display.

Have you any ideas?

Thank you a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304119 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Load a tab as popup
No idea what code you're using to display the popup, but you could probably use CB Content Module then substitute the tab into the module and have the module display in your popup. You could also do it with a Joomla article using CB Content Bot and substitutions I suppose. See the below substitution tutorial for further usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Beyond that there is no usage in CB to render a single tab without the rest of the profile from a URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #304124 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic Load a tab as popup
hi Kyle,

right, I got your method. But even if I use this way, then the tab will be load as it is (with the manage connections link and the show all connections). I want to display only the all connections into the popup. With the substitution I will load all the tab again and then I will have to click the "show all connections"

I don't know If i am understood.. :)

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304155 by krileon
There is no such thing as picking and choosing parts of a tab. You'd need to render it in a module or Joomla article then use CSS to hide elements you don't want visible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #304162 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic Load a tab as popup
Hi kyle,

yes I can hide the elements that i do not want with css in the popup but they will be hidden also in the page before i load the popup, right?

I attach image to decscribe you what i want.

I want to click on the link "view all connections" and load the tab with all the connections, not inside again the link view all connections.

In a normal page if i click the "view all connections" then the page will be load again with all the connections without the link "view all connections".

Can I achieve this one with a popup window?To load only the connections without the "view all connections" link
k?
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304165 by krileon

yes I can hide the elements that i do not want with css in the popup but they will be hidden also in the page before i load the popup, right?

Yes, you need to use more specific CSS that only targets that module. This is done by using the CSS class or ID that's automatically added around the module (this is highly template dependent as not all Joomla templates do this) or add a module class suffix to the module then target that CSS class.

Can I achieve this one with a popup window?To load only the connections without the "view all connections" link

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon