Skip to Content Skip to Menu

privacy_delete_me and privacy_disable_me not appearing in profile edit

• mk3
  • mk3
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #300501 by mk3
Very strange.
Appearently, after I've changed something (nothing special...) the two fields privacy_delete_me and privacy_disable_me under the Contact info tab are no more appearing in User profile edit. At the same time privacy_profile field is there. More strange is that all three have same configuration and are under the Contact info tab.
I've looked and searched attentively what could be wrong....but didn't find any clue.

Also: at the same time suddenly a Registered user sees the Update Log information, while before it was hidden from Registered user's eyes. (CB Profile Update Logger: Edit Tab [Update Log] ---> Frontend tab viewing is set to NO)
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by mk3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300509 by krileon
If editing your profile as a CB Moderator you can't disable or delete your self. If editing another user you can't use their delete me or disable me fields on their behalf unless you've latest CB Privacy build, which adds support for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mk3
  • mk3
6 years 9 months ago #300514 by mk3

krileon wrote: If editing your profile as a CB Moderator you can't disable or delete your self. If editing another user you can't use their delete me or disable me fields on their behalf unless you've latest CB Privacy build, which adds support for that.

That’s the problem: I’m doing this from a test registered user profile (which is just a standard registered user).
What could be the problem here?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300515 by krileon
I've no idea, your install is likely significantly out of date and could be an old bug of some kind. Works perfectly fine using latest releases in my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mk3
  • mk3
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #300516 by mk3

krileon wrote: I've no idea, your install is likely significantly out of date and could be an old bug of some kind. Works perfectly fine using latest releases in my tests.

As I’ve said, it was working just a few days before. I think it’s because of some configurations I’ve done recently... I’ve played with auto actions and other CB plugins... but can’t figure out what could cause this behavior.
Also I don’t understand why the update log is visible for a registered user, as few days before it wasn’t .... I even think this problem appeared today, but I am sure I’ve done no system updates recently.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by mk3.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300530 by krileon
Sounds like you adjusted the Moderator View Access Level within CB > Configuration > Moderation and are causing everyone to have CB Moderator permissions or you added usergroups to whatever view access level you have selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon