Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

CB update fails

• wilburg
  • wilburg
1 month 2 weeks ago #338607 by wilburg
CB update fails was created by wilburg
People,

My Dashboard tells me that my installed version of CB is 2.9.1, with 2.9.2 being the most recent available.  However, when I attempt to upgrade, the installation fails. Then when I look into the CB control panel, it tells me that the installed version is 2.9.2+build.2024.07.19.17.35.10.29c372f8f.

Do you. have any idea what is going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #338608 by ds-sric-support
Replied by ds-sric-support on topic CB update fails
Hi there, I'm also getting this issue, running on Joomla version 4.4.6

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338609 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB update fails
Are these newer installs or older installs that have been updated from Joomla 3 for example? Within System > Global Configuration > Server what is "Database Type" set to? Are you trying to update through CBs install from web or downloading from our downloads page? Within System > System Information please provide what "Database Type" and "Database Version" are.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 2 weeks ago #338614 by ds-sric-support
Replied by ds-sric-support on topic CB update fails
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for the quick response.

The site was updated from Joomla 2 to Joomla 4 back in November 2022 but we have been maintainging and updating Joomla versions and all plugins and extensions on a Monthly basis ever since.

We are trying to update directly from Joomla administrator on the Extensions update page.

DB Type: Mysqli
Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 8.1.29

• wilburg
  • wilburg
1 month 2 weeks ago #338619 by wilburg
Replied by wilburg on topic CB update fails
I should have said “updated from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4”. It should be noted that previous CB updates installed with no issues. I have performed updates by downloading the new version and installing it using the “System->Install Extensions” menu item.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338633 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB update fails
It seams the consistent thing is both your installs at least went from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4. It's possible you've a database problem left behind by Joomla 3 that needs to be fixed.

Within System > Maintenance > Database are there any database structure issues noted? Please try selecting the Joomla CMS option then click "Update Structure" button to try and refresh Joomla's database structure.

Once that's done navigate to CB > Tools and run all the database check tools and apply any fixes they find. Once done please try updating again. If issue persists please PM backend super user login credentials after creating a backup of your site and will attempt to debug this issue further and find out more exactly what's erroring.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon