Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar disappears after enabling CB Core Fields Ajax 2.0.1

• Buzz50
  • Buzz50
9 years 5 months ago #263720 by Buzz50
when I enable CB Core Fields Ajax 2.0.1 avatars disappear from profile pages.

There seems to be one pixel on the canvas.

If I disable Ajax editing they re-appear.

Any ideas?

CB 2.0.8 on a test version of my Buzz50 site, Joomla 3.4.1

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago #263737 by krileon
CB Core Fields Ajax is not compatible with the canvas avatar or canvas background positions. It would need strict specific CSS for that, which I haven't written yet (is for next CB Core Fields Ajax feature release). I don't recommend enabling ajax for any of those positions at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Buzz50
  • Buzz50
9 years 5 months ago #263760 by Buzz50
Thank you for this krileon.

When might be the next CB Core Fields Ajax feature release?

Ajax editing of avatars is really useful to get my new members to add an avatar and I will probably be better staying with 1.9.1 until it is available.

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

• Buzz50
  • Buzz50
9 years 5 months ago #263784 by Buzz50
I have asked a developer who I use for various projects on my site to see if he can do a fix for me in the meantime so that at least the avatar is Ajax editable in the front end.

Are there any tips that I can give him please?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago #263804 by krileon
I don't know when it'll be implemented. It's entirely a CSS problem. It just needs to be styled to fit the design correctly with custom CSS. I don't have any suggests as I've even started working on this issue and won't until after CB Activity rewrite is completely and CB GroupJive upgrade is complete.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon