Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

[#3621] Problem with CB and IE8

• ddim
  • ddim
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #206630 by ddim
[#3621] Problem with CB and IE8 was created by ddim
Hi,
There is a small problem with CB (Version 1.8.1) and IE8
The function Chargement() in menubest.js, doesn't check for the existence of an element with id 'conteneurmenu'.
This makes IE show javascript error "...property style is not defined..."
After enclosing the code of the function in

if (document.getElementById("conteneurmenu")){...
...}

the problem dissapears.

The problem is not recognisable in the page, except if there is javascript after this error, which doesn't execute.

This problem is reproducible 100% with IE8 and IE9 in IE8 mode.
With IE9 in IE9 mode it doesn't happen all the time.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #206720 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with CB and IE8
Could not confirm using IE7, IE8, and IE9 rendering. This typically only happens if you've some sort of fatal JS error before CBs JS has a chance to execute. That results in the following JS erroring. Where exactly are you seeing this?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ddim
  • ddim
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #206734 by ddim
Replied by ddim on topic Re: Problem with CB and IE8
I have following configuration:
- public user list
- public profiles

Not logged in and viewing profile (no profile cb menu) - javascript error (see js_error.png scrrenshot)
Logged in and viewing profile (profile cb menu) - no javascript error (see js_noerror.png)

The url of the site is kiip.nitbg.com

Currently it is with fixed script and it has to be fixed for tomorrow, but if you like tomorrow evening I can revert back to the original script.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by ddim.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #206811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with CB and IE8
Ah, I see the issue. It only happens when CB Menu is present and configured to display as a menu bar. I've created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3621

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon