Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

[#3564] calendar in date field

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #203237 by mfe13
[#3564] calendar in date field was created by mfe13
Hello,
There was something strange in the field "date" on registration.
I set the fields between 18 (major) and 70 years of age to register on the site.
But next to the fields, there is the calendar used to date and put under 18 years of age (minor)!
Is normal and may have to delete the calendar?
thank you
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #203317 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: calendar in date field
Yeah that's normal. The calendar doesn't have those restrictions applied, but if they try to select something outside of your range it won't validate and it'll error their registration or profile edit and inform them to fix it.

I've created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3564

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 2 months ago #203334 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: calendar in date field
Ok,
For me, the error is not reported and does not block the recording.
In fact, it works for years (18 years) but it does not meet the exact date (day + month)
for information, if we don 't not use the calendar but by the selection date, there are also problems.
For example: if the minimum age is 18 years and I chose the date of birth June 30, 1994, registration is possible ... yet we are on June 25, not June 30
Or is it my setting is wrong

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #203340 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: calendar in date field
It just does minimum and maximum year select-able. It doesn't validate that they're 18 years old or anything of the sort so there's no day or month calculations; just year.

Best solution to make it clear to your users and for legal liability is to have a single checkbox that is set as Required with the title of "Are you of age 18 or older?".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

• mfe13
  • mfe13
12 years 2 months ago #203347 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: calendar in date field
I have already...
Thank you for your answer

Moderators: beatnantkrileon