Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Support for multiple subscription dependencies

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
1 week 4 days ago #338078 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic Support for multiple subscription dependencies
Thanks, this may work
what would the value be for a multi select?…
Fred 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 week 4 days ago #338079 by krileon
Multi-select will be |*| delimitered same as regular profile fields (e.g. value1|*|value2).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #338089 by fdinkler
Thanks Kyle -
What php statement is recommended to parse the pipe-delimited field value into an array?
I assume explode() but php has so many choices when manipulating strings...
Fred
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by fdinkler. Reason: clarify parse question

• krileon
  • krileon
1 week 3 days ago #338090 by krileon
You would just explode by |*| to turn it into a selected values array.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
1 week 3 days ago #338093 by fdinkler
Kyle - 
To confirm the differences between an Option and a Child Plan
(I can take this to a different thread, if I'm wandering too far from the topic)
  • An Option is not a Plan per se rather a set of modifier attributes of a Plan, while a Child Plan is a true stand-alone Plan
  • An Option itself has no duration attributes, while a Child Plan could have a different duration from the Parent Plan
  • Both are considered "expired" if the owning/parent Plan is expired. 
    • In particular, the Child Plan is forced to expire if the Parent expires, regardless of the Child Plan's remaining duration
    • Is there a specific different status for a Child Plan that's forced to Expire?
    • If the Parent Plan is renewed, is the Child Plan automatically reinstated, assuming it has not, itself, expired?
    • If the Parent is upgraded, instead of renewed, I assume the Child Plan remains expired (since a Child Plan can't have more than one Parent)
Thanks,
Fred

• krileon
  • krileon
1 week 3 days ago #338095 by krileon

An Option is not a Plan per se rather a set of modifier attributes of a Plan, while a Child Plan is a true stand-alone Plan

Correct.

An Option itself has no duration attributes, while a Child Plan could have a different duration from the Parent Plan

Correct.

Both are considered "expired" if the owning/parent Plan is expired.

Correct.

In particular, the Child Plan is forced to expire if the Parent expires, regardless of the Child Plan's remaining duration

The child plan subscription is not forced to expire, but is instead disabled.

Is there a specific different status for a Child Plan that's forced to Expire?

No, it's status does not change.

If the Parent Plan is renewed, is the Child Plan automatically reinstated, assuming it has not, itself, expired?

Yes, assuming the child plan did not reach its expiration date.

If the Parent is upgraded, instead of renewed, I assume the Child Plan remains expired (since a Child Plan can't have more than one Parent)

Same as the parent plan expiring. They are basically disabled. Not necessarily expired.

The best thing to use for price modification is CBSubs Options. If don't need separate durations for those add-on plans I would absolutely use CBSubs Options here.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon